Sunday, January 7, 2007

Amazingly and miraculously made.

"You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. My bones were not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, when I was being skillfully woven in an underground workshop. Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day [of my life] was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place. How precious are your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are! If I try to count them, there would be more of them than there are grains of sand. When I wake up, I am still with you."
Psalm 139: 13-18

In our day and age we are bombarded by the media that constantly makes us feel that we need to change ourselves to look like and be like...pick a star. It could be a movie star, a famous writer, musician, politician, athlete, minister, doctor, teacher, scientist...anybody, just not yourself! We are reminded daily that we're overweight, underweight, too tall, too short, too rich, too poor, too old, too young...etc. In other words...we're just never good enough.

I'm all for working to change those things that we need to change! To try and better ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually...but to try and be like "so and so" is where we need to change our way of thinking.

As the scripture above states...God made each of us just the way He wanted us to be. He recorded each day of our lives before we were born and gave each of us a purpose to be whom He created us to be. You can go through your life looking at others who are doing great things and wishing you could do those kinds of things...or you can realize, YOU are
amazingly and miraculously made!

No comments: