Monday, March 5, 2007

Every Scripture is inspired by God

"Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval. They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

If I were an auto mechanic, I would have to constantly read and study about how to repair engines. With all the new technology that go into cars, and all the different manufacturers, you would have to be prepared when someone rolls into your shop so that you could fix the problem.

If I were a businessman, I would study to make sure I was on top of things in the business world. If I were a nurse or doctor, I would certainly have to know what was going on in the world of medicine to make sure my patients were taken care of. If I were a teacher, my students would expect me to know the subject I was teaching on.

If I am a Christian, why wouldn't I do the same? Why wouldn't I be going back the the book that has all the information I need to learn and study all that God has written down to be able to help not only myself, but others who need to learn about the ways of God.

We know that many people, including those who claim to be Christians, don't believe that the Word of God, or what we call the Bible, is really the Word of God. Because of the many different doctrines that the denominations teach, most have come to the conclusion that either it's not the Word of God, or no one will be able to really understand the Word of God...so why continue to read and study.

Just like if you are studying for a test in school, if you don't read and study the text, you would never be able to even come to an opinion about the questions given. But if you were to study the text, the history, and look deep into the questions given, you would at least have an opinion on what God is telling His people.

I have to admit, the more I study I seem to have more questions. But the more I study and go to the Source, my faith and belief become stronger. I see that the Word is true...whether I understand it or not at the time, I know that God will give me the answers as I continue to seek Him. The Teacher and the Source of all that I am pursuing to know.

It's easy to let the ministers/pastors/theologians tell us what to think and believe. But just like you, they are still learning and growing in the Lord, maybe not even as fast as you are learning and growing! Stay the course. If you want to know if the Bible, the Word of God, the Scriptures are true and real...read and study. Ask the Lord to give you understanding. He promises in the Scriptures that His Spirit WILL lead you to the Truth.

May we all be diligent in seeking God and His Word.

No comments: