Monday, October 22, 2007

In defense...

There's a website that has the complete "promo" by John Hagee for his newest book "In Defense of Israel". I don't know much about this website, I was directed there to listen to this promo on the book.

Hear for yourself what John Hagee says: http://threshingfloor.onevoicemm.net/weblog/?p=868

As much as I wanted to blast this man immediately upon hearing and seeing this promo, I decided to go purchase the book to see if what his promo says is backed up by the book.

This is what he says:
  • The Jewish people, as a whole did not reject Jesus as Messiah.
  • Jesus did not come to Earth to BE the Messiah.
  • Jesus refused by word and deed to be the Messiah.
  • The Jews cannot be blamed for not accepting what was never offered.
What can I say...yes, it is in the book too. Hagee says he believes that Jesus is the Son of God and Saviour of mankind. His understanding of Jesus' purpose for the Jews is laid out in the book and as you read you could easily get caught up in his theology...if you choose to ignore a lot of other scriptures too.

I don't know Hagee. I've listened to him off and on (sort of as I passed by a station) and do not agree with some of his theology and especially his eschatology. But hey, I'm a little off too!

I think this is a dangerous book and will lead to things that we wished it would have never led us too. It scares me that Christians like Hagee seem to forget that as believers in Christ Jesus, we are called to love. So, calling for us/Israel to strike first before "they"can strike us....just doesn't seem right.

But, to agree with Hagee on something, He says that no matter what some try to do to trigger world events (which he certainly seems to be trying to do), nothing will happen unless it is God's will and God's timing. I feel that this may be part of God's timing...and His will, will be done whether Hagee has it right or wrong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I encourage you and thank you brother for diligently seeking out and reading the book on Israel's defense. I wonder if Mr. Hagee would be willing or any other Christians would be interested in reading a book also about the fate of Israel, entitled "Blindness in Part"?? It is an interesting teaching and unveiling of the scriptures concerning the "sovereign" and Biblical will and timing of our mighty God. If anyone is interested its a very insightful read. check it out at www.gods-kingdom.org. It definitely will get you off the doom-and-gloom diet of what evil men are doing in the earth. Start feasting on the message of Hope, or Expectation, of what God is doing behind the scenes and what He is about to do. His blindness of Israel was for the great purpose of saving the whole world. Maybe...I would even say the blindness of Mr. Hagee is part of that same plan which He is slowly unfolding in our very mist. Now that is some Good News: MERCY UPON ALL,Hallelujah!!!!

The Cyberservant said...

Thanks! But to get the link right for others that may want to read "Blindness in Part" it is:
http://www.gods-kingdom-ministires.org

As much as I appreciate the above mentioned website, all of us need to continue to seek the Lord and keep looking to Him. We all see in part...and until HE comes, we need to be diligent in our pursuit of the things above.

Anonymous said...

Amen to your remarks Cyberservant.
I just wanted to share some other areas of thought and seeking. All need to seek, knock, listen and humbly ask God for wisdom, knowledge and understanding in ALL THINGS. Whether we receive in part or in full, or in nothing we trust, we wait, we believe, and only the Lord truly knows all things.
We can only continue in our studies and asking as He leads and teaches.

The Cyberservant said...

Thanks no regrets.

The older I get and the more I look to God, I keep coming back to; If I don't have Love, I'm just a clanging cymbal!

How hard it is to love our fellow man...to love like Jesus loved. Would I die for you? I'm not sure I would, but Jesus did.

The Cyberservant said...

Excuse my spelling!

Here's the link mentioned above with the correct spelling.

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.org/