Monday, July 16, 2007

Giving all

"Looking up, Jesus saw people, especially the rich, dropping their gifts into the temple offering box. He noticed a poor widow drop in two small coins. He said, "I can guarantee this truth: This poor widow has given more than all the others. All of these people have given what they could spare. But she, in her poverty, has given everything she had to live on." Luke 21:1-4

May we all learn to give. Learn to die to self. Learn to look to God for all our needs. I don't know how to do that yet, but boy, do I wish I could have that kind of faith and live that way. I know that's what we are all called to do, but, I still have a lot of the world living in me and it keeps telling me that dying to self and giving all is irresponsible. Is it? I don't yet. I haven't had (haven't chosen) to live that way. I assume that at some point in our lives, especially if the world continues down the path we are going, we will have to learn how to have faith. How to give. How to die to self. How to love. How to be like Jesus.

No comments: