Monday, August 6, 2007

Hot or cold?

"To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: The amen, the witness who is faithful and true the source of God's creation, says: I know what you have done, you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. But since you are lukewarm and not hot or cold, I'm going to spit you out of my mouth. You say, "I'm rich. I'm wealthy. I don't need anything. 'Yet, you do not realize that you are miserable, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.

I advise you: Buy gold purified in fire from me so that you may be rich. Buy white clothes from me. Wear them so that you may keep your shameful, naked body from showing. Buy ointment to put on your eyes so that you may see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act. Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together. I will allow everyone who wins the victory to sit with me on my throne, as I have won the victory and have sat down with my Father on his throne. Let the person who has ears listen to what the Spirit says to the churches." Revelation 13: 14-22

I think as we read what the Spirit says to the church of Laodicea, we recognize that many of us have become a part of that church. We have given into the teachings of man, rather than listening to the heart of God. We compromise our call by being neither hot or cold in our walk with Jesus. We perform religion rather than living our lives being led by the Spirit.

The day is coming, and even here, as followers of Christ are being silenced by the religions of the world. Will we continue to be silent? Will we dare to die to self and live for Christ? Let us all join in the battle and love as Jesus loved...without compromising our faith and the Truth. Choose to be hot or cold...being lukewarm is not an option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True Word my friend. True word! -- tony