Monday, April 16, 2007

Pursuing the faith.

"But these miracles have been written so that you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and so that you will have life by believing in Him."
John 20:31


I love to read and study the Scriptures. I am constantly learning and seeing how the Lord continues to change my heart and mind as I pursue a life that is a reflection of Him. I don't do a great job at being a reflection of my Lord and Saviour, but I hope that one day I will be like Him.

Beside reading Scripture, I read a lot from those who have also pursued or are pursuing their faith. I read the writings of people who are in nearly every denomination, and faith. I want to understand how they came to their conclusions since most of them read the same Scriptures that I read. It's a strange thing to know that we all read the same scriptures...yet, we all have our slant on what the scriptures say!

Having walked in the faith of Jesus Christ for many years now, I have come to a place where I realize that those who love and follow Jesus are doing exactly what I do. They are pursuing their relationship with God and desiring that God reveal His Truth. Why we all come to different understandings? I have no clue! But I pray that we continue to seek Jesus and live as people who love and desire fellowship with those who believe, and desire to love those who don't believe and be an example of Christ to them.

One day we will all see clearly. We all will understand. But no matter who you are, what church you attend, whether you have no faith or a ton of faith, keep pursuing. For those of you who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah, I could never give you or teach you to believe. But I do know Jesus can and will.

No comments: